365 Things Young is a series of short posts dedicated to young people.
It is a list of things young people around the world need to be able to do, so to survive and thrive in these new economies: To incite in themselves skills, intelligence (for Industrial Revolutions), innovation, creativity and productivity. It is written either by me, Tiisetso Maloma, or by a named guest contributor. Sometimes the posts rant, and sometimes they are soft.
Here goes the first one.
#1. You have to Google shit you want to learn yourself
You cannot be asking people how to create a CV, a business plan, an email account, etc.
We are no longer in that age.
Google how it’s done, and do it yourself.
#2. You need to have an email address, and you need to know how to send a proper email
Don’t be caught saying:
- “I do not have an email address.”
- “I haven’t checked my emails in a while.”
You have to:
- Check your emails 3 times a day: At least in the morning, afternoon and at 4 PM – if not later.
- An email has a heading and body.
- No fucken shorthand typing.
- And use proper grammar. Use Grammarly. Do not ask what it is. Find out for yourself.
- Oh, and an email address has to be clean: email@example.com is better than firstname.lastname@example.org.